1. Definitely use the porta potty one last time. I cannot pee while I am swimming.
2. Don't put my goggles on so tight that I have a headache. That darn headache lasted all day.
3. Pack advil in my bike aid bag, just in case I do put the goggles on too tight.
4. I cannot grab water bottles with my right hand.
5. Lots of people pee on the bike = another reason not to draft! I choose to use the porta potties and was happy with that decision. I could get off my bike for those few seconds and not have a gross tri suit for the rest of the race.
6. Power walk through the water stops. I tended to take my good old time - I had no idea I was doing so well in my age group.
7. It isn't necessary to change clothes. I wore my tri suit the entire time and I was happy I didn't have to worry about changing.
8. The volunteers are absolutely amazing.
9. Most importantly, I learned that I can push myself further than I ever thought possible.