I am not going to lie, I (like most of you reading this blog) tend to dread the off-season; however, I think it's best to focus on the positives of taking some time off!
1. Holiday runs: These are always a blast! I am going to try to do at least 3 holiday-themed races this year and join in on some fun group runs.
2. New indoor workouts: Hot yoga, Orange Theory, Pure Barre, spin classes, on-line workout videos - there are so many options and now is the time to give them a try!
3. Rehab exercises: This is a great time embrace those PT and strength exercises in order to avoid injuries in 2017.
4. Trail Running: I am a huge fan of trail running. This is the perfect time of year to get out on the trails - explore new parks, challenge yourself with new courses, and enjoy the beautiful scenery!
5, Setting new goals for 2017
Marathon PR? Full and/or Half Ironman race(s)? Trail races? Maybe an ultra? So many fun choices! Now is a perfect time to figure out a fun race schedule for 2017.
6. Making time for all the recipes and crafts I have pinned on Pinterest, but never actually done
Now is the perfect time to discover new recipes, make race collages and medal signs (those race bibs have to go somewhere), bake holiday treats, and create gifts for family and friends.
7. Most importantly, enjoy the holidays and spend quality time with family and friends!