Where do I begin? I think I first must give a huge THANK YOU to everyone!
- My friends that ran, biked, and swum with me all summer long.
- My PT that not only fixed my injuries, but gave me the confidence to continue with training and get to the starting line
- My parents, who provide so much love and support. They 100% understood when I couldn't come up to Cleveland because I had to get in a bike ride, they listened and encouraged me when I was down, and as always, they were there every step of the way lifting me up.
- The volunteers, who stood out there in 97 degree heat - kids, parents, friends, family members - they were amazing! I felt so incredibly crummy, but they helped get me through. Most especially the girl at T2. I never thought I could continue in the marathon, but she was so sweet and patient and helped me keep on going. Words cannot describe the amount of respect these volunteers deserve.
- The list goes on and on. I am so incredibly grateful to have such a great support system.
Chattanooga was absolutely gorgeous!
I am not going to lie, I was a little intimidated by everyone at the check-in. So many fancy bikes! And it was HOT - I was sweating just standing in heat; however, as one guy I an into put it "that is all part of the Ironman".
My favorite part of the expo was the inspiring videos they showed. It truly put into perspective what enormous hurdles others have been through to get here.